Smal Immigration Law office is an online-based immigration law office. We specialize in USA federal immigration law. Because immigration law is federal law, we can represent clients from all 50 states and worldwide.
Attorney Luba Smal speaks English and Russian.
Please email us first if you are looking to hire an immigration attorney or want to schedule a consultation. We will forward to you our confidential immigration questionnaire by email and schedule the best time to talk over the phone or Skype video chat. We love helping people and would be glad to help and advise you!
SERVICES: PRACTICE AREAS
- Consular Processing: helping you to obtain an Immigrant visa (IV) or/and a Non-immigrant visa (NIV) at various US Embassies and Consulates around the world. Legal assistance with reapplying for a visa after denial, applying for a waiver, or help when a previously approved petition was returned for revocation to USCIS.
- Adjustment of Status (AOS) in the United States: legal assistance with your application for permanent residency (Green Card) in USA. Helping your immediate family member to obtain a work permit, travel document, and to become a permanent resident (get a Green Card), and eventually, a US citizen. If you are married to a US citizen and reside in the United States on another visa or after your visa had expired, we can help you to obtain a work permit and a Conditional 2-Year Green Card, Permanent Green Card, and later a USA citizenship.
- Naturalization or Application for U.S. Citizenship, USCIS Form N-400: helping you to become a US citizen.
- Change of Status or Extension of Status: if you are in USA on a non-immigrant visa and qualify.
- Work permit and travel document (reentry permit or advance parole),
- K-1 visa and Fiancée Visa Petition, USCIS Form I-129F: legal assistance with bringing your foreign national fiancée to the United States, so you can get married in USA. Assistance includes help during all legal steps: a Fiancée petition, USCIS Form I-129F, and K-1 fiancee visa application process. We can also help you to bring your foreign fiancée's minor children to USA on K-2 dependent fiancée visas. We offer bi-lingual assistance in Russian and English, and can directly communicate with your foreign fiancée.
- Family-based immigrant visas, various IV visas and CR-1 visa for a spouse if married less than two years: helping you to bring your close family members to live with you in USA (wife, husband, mother, father, children, sisters, brothers),
- Removal of conditions from two-year conditional green card, either as a joint petition or as a waiver after divorce or based on domestic abuse, USCIS Form I-751,
- Green card for a widow or a widower of a US citizen,
- Work permit under 06/2012 immigration reform or deferred action program, so called DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals). Please NOTE that DAPA (Deferred Action for Parents of Americans and Lawful Permanent Residents) and expanded DACA, as revised in 11/2014 by executive action, are not effective enforceable law yet. In June 2016 the US Supreme Court ruled that a federal court injunction placed on expanded DACA and new DAPA programs will remain in place and blocked the law, therefore, you can't apply under DAPA and expanded DACA yet. Avoid notario scam and don't file until the programs have become effective. Please check our Blog for more details].
- Green Card Lottery or DV Lottery: we can help you with your initial DV Lottery online entry submission, and during entire visa application process if you are selected as a winner. Throughout the years, we had successfully helped a number of green card lottery winners (selectees) to become permanent residents and later citizens of the United States of America.
- Waiver of Inadmissibility and Provisional Waiver, USCIS Form I-601 and I-601A: legal assistance with difficult and unpredictable Extreme Hardship Waiver application process. We can help you to prepare not only the waiver application but also complete packet of supporting documents for the USCIS and the US embassy or consulate.
- Reaffirmation of I-130 returned for revocation to USCIS by US consulate: help in extremely difficult and stressful situation where your previously approved I-130 petition (usually, for a foreign national wife or a husband) is returned back to USCIS for revocation after an immigrant visa (IV or CR-1 visa) was denied by the US embassy or consulate. We can help you to have your petition re-approved or re-affirmed by USCIS.
- VAWA self-petition or application for a Green Card because of domestic violence and abuse without your US citizen husband's or wife's, parent's or adult child's participation, USCIS Form I-360: helping you to become a permanent resident and eventually a US citizen if you live in USA without a legal status, visa or a Green Card (if you are undocumented), and if you are/were battered and abused by your US citizen spouse (husband or wife), ex-spouse, parent or an adult child. We have over ten years of experience with VAWA self-petitions and might be able to help you even if you left your abusive spouse and currently reside abroad.
- Certified and/or notarized TRANSLATIONS from RUSSIAN to ENGLISH, and from ENGLISH to RUSSIAN of legal and other official documents for USCIS, DHS, U.S. Department of State embassies and consulates, and translation of legal and personal documents for Apostille.
- NOTARY Public in the state of Nebraska.
We have some helpful free resources and information available at our Blog, and some helpful USCIS and US Department of State links here.
To pay through PayPal: